World’s Tallest Statue”The Statue of Unity” dedicated to”Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel” which is Twice the size of Statue of Liberty, to be unveiled in by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Gujrat on October 31, 2018.
“STATUE OF UNITY”
On October 31st,2018 before the Diwali Festival, India will become a proud record holder.
When Our Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the Statue of Unity that is 182-meter Statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
This Statue will be a Tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was the first Home Minister of Independent India,
and. he is also known as the “IRON MAN” of India for his contribution to the Unity and Integrity of the Country.
The Statue will also be turned into a Tourist spot with Gujarat Chief Minister promising world-class facilities, a tribal museum as well as garden and boating facilities at the area.
EARLY LIFE OF SARDAR VALLABH BHAI PATEL:-
|Birth:||October 31, 1875|
|Birth Place:||Nadiad town, Gujarat|
|Early Life spent in :||Karamsad, Petlad and Nadiad|
|Parents:||Father: Jhaverbhai, a farmer,
Mother: Laad Bai, a simple lady
who passed away at a very early age
|Children :||Daughter: Maniben (Born in 1903)
Son: Dahyabhai (Born in 1905)
|Death :||December 15, 1950|
Statue of Unity – World’s Tallest Statue – All Facts in Detail 2019
Vallabh Bhai Patel (October 31, 1875 – December 15, 1950)
was a political and social leader of India. He played a major role in the country’s struggle for independence and subsequently guided its integration into a united, independent nation.
He was also called the “Iron Man of India”. and was often addressed as “Sardar” which means “Chief” or “Leader” in many languages of India.
Vallabhbhai Patel already had a successful practice as a lawyer. when he was first inspired by the work and philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi.
Patel subsequently organized the peasants of Kheda, Borsad, and Bardoli in Gujarat in a non-violent civil disobedience movement against oppressive policies imposed by the British Raj. in this role, he became one of the most influential leaders in Gujarat.
He rose to the leadership of the Indian National Congress. He was at the forefront of rebellions and political events organizing the party for elections in 1934 and 1937 and promoting the Quit India movement.
LOCATION OF THE STATUE:-
The Statue of Unity is located at a distance of 3.2 km away from Sardar Sarovar Dam, in a place called Sadhu bet.
Which is an Island on the Narmada River.
This place is in Narmada district near Bharuch in Gujarat.
The Statue of Unity occupies over 20,000 square meters.
It is surrounded by a 12 square km Artificial Lake.
HEIGHT OF STATUE OF UNITY:-
The 182-meter-high (600 ft) Statue of Unity will be twice the size of New York’s Statue of Liberty.
The ‘182’ number was picked to match the total Assembly constituencies in Gujarat.
The Statue of Unity is Designed by an Indian sculptor Ram V. Sutar.
The contract work is given to a multi-firm consortium that includes Michael Graves Architecture & Design (MGA&D). and Turner Construction, which previously developed the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
TIME TO BUILD STATUE:-
This project was announced on 7 October 2010 when Narendra Modi was the Cheif Minister of Gujarat.
In October 2013, on the 138th Birth Anniversary of Sadar Vallabhbhai Patel. the Chief Minister Narendra Modi had laid its foundation Stone.
56 months months to complete the project.
15 months for planning
40 months for construction
2 months for handing over by the consortium.
TOTAL COST OF THE PROJECT:-
The cost of the project is worth Rs 2,989 crore rupees, or $460 million US and work is going on at five major sites.
The statue, the walkway, the ticket counter, the food court, the four-lane approach highway and. the yard where the parts are being assembled, and the Shrestha Bharat Bhavan (a 52-room three-star lodging facility) are being built.
A massive 4,076 laborers are tirelessly working day and night. The laborers are divided into two shifts. Around 1000 workers are busy in the cladding of the statue alone.
Apart from local workers, a strong contingent of 200 from China have been working in batches for two-three months each since September 2017. L&T, which is the executing firm says, “The construction has been done in four stages, including a mock-up. 3D scanning technique as well as a computer numerical control production technique for accurate reproduction of minute details.”
STATUE OF UNITY MOVEMENT:-
The iron needed for the statue and other structures was to be collected from farmers of villages all around India in a form of donation of their used farming instruments.
SVPRET set up 36 offices across India to collect these iron instruments,. wherein over 500,000 Indian farmers were expected to donate. The drive was named the ‘Statue of Unity movement’.
There was to be the three-months-long nationwide campaign to collect iron pieces from six lakh villages to build the statue. During this period, over 5000 metric tonnes of iron were collected.
Statue of Unity – World’s Tallest Statue – All Facts in Detail 2019
SOME IMPORTANT FACTS THAT YOU ALL MUST KNOW:-
- The Statue of Unity has a viewing gallery at a height of 153 m, which can accommodate up to 200 visitors at a go. and offers an expansive view of the dam and its environs.
- It will be able to withstand wind velocity up to 60m/sec, vibration and earthquakes.
- 22500 MTon (22500000 kg) of cement has been used to build the Statue of Unity.
- After completion, the statue will generate approximately 15,000 direct jobs for tribal people every year.
- The Statue of Unity Project also includes a unique museum and audio-visual department depicting the life and times of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Special boats are going to used to access the Statue and Surrounding Area to avoid vehicular traffic and pollution.
- The Narmada, the fifth longest river in the Indian subcontinent. It streams in a rift valley between the Vindhya and Satpura ranges. The Sardar Sarovar Dam and its 200 Km long reservoir. Satpura and Vindhya mountain range from the gallery of the Statue of Unity.
- 5,700 Mton of structural steel and 18,500 MTons of reinforcement bars were used to build the Statue of Unity.
- The Statue of Unity will comprise two semi-joined, composite concrete cylindrical cores. It is surrounded by a structural steel space frame to support the exterior cladding.
- The Statue of Unity Movement organized a “Suraaj” petition wherein people wrote about their ideas for good governance.
- An Estimated 20 Million People Signed The Suraaj Petition. It is the world’s largest petition signed. Statue of Unity – World’s Tallest Statue – All Facts in Detail 2019
In this Article, Epicinfo.in Concluded all Details about Statue of Unity – World’s Tallest Statue – All Facts in Detail 2019.
If Anything is there that is missing,
Feel free to Comment Below